"Second Quarter"

 

“Second Quarter”

 


             In this quarter, I’ve learned different concepts about the Internet webs and how to make one. How does the browser display the pages? All Web pages contain instructions for display. The browser displays the page by reading these instructions. The most common display instructions are called HTML (HyperText Markup Language) tags. The W3C or World Wide Web Consortium are the ones who make the web standard. You can create a website using an HTML file where you can use HTML editors like notepad for windows and simple text for Macintosh. Let me share my experiences on making a website using notepad.

           At first, I thought it will be easy because I am confident myself that I know what am I doing. But then when I start to type the codes/tags, it is somewhat hard because there are too many tags that I need to encode. Then I stopped working and reread my modules. I kept reading them until I’ve learned thedifferent tags and their uses. I remember one time, when I was encoding the tags for the background color for my website, I couldn’t get it because even if I typed a color code, the color appeared was either blue or red. Then I read my modules again, I type the code for light blue, but it displayed color blue. I thought there was a bug on my browser and I restarted my laptop 3 times. But the problem persisted. I was so done and I gave up, and gave myself a rest. Then upon working on my activities again, I reviewed the tags then there was the problem. There was a mistake on my
codes. I laughed at myself so hard because I couldn’t fix that simple mistake.

And that was my experiences on making a website using notepad and the whole second quarter. One day, I’m sure to make use of this knowledge that I’ve gained and learn more codes/tags so that I can make my very own website.


Sources:

https://bit.ly/3G1ek3e

https://bit.ly/3KH8BTV

Comments

Popular Posts